SAN FRANCISCO, May 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global cryotherapy market size is expected to reach USD 8.4 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2021 to 2028. The introduction of advanced cryotherapy devices, increasing R&D investments, and the growing prevalence of chronic conditions such as cancer and arthritis are expected to propel market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By therapy type, the cryosurgery segment held the largest market share in 2020. This high share can be attributed to its high demand for the treatment of abnormal tumors
- The cryogun segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 attributed to the high usage of these devices in the treatment of various oncology and dermatological procedures
- Based on application, the oncology segment dominated the overall market in 2020 owing to the rising prevalence of cancer and growing awareness about cryotherapy-based treatment approaches
- High cost of cryotherapy devices and procedures is likely to limit its adoption in underdeveloped economies, thus impeding market growth
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2020 due to the high adoption of advanced devices, favorable reimbursement scenarios, and local presence of leading players
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This high growth can be attributed to the presence of a huge target population and increasing initiatives by dominant players to facilitate access to novel products
Read 103 page research report with ToC on «Cryotherapy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapy Type (Cryosurgery, Chamber Therapy), By Device Type (Cryogun, Cryo Probes), By Application (Surgical Applications, Pain Management), By End-use, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028» at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cryotherapy-market
Approval and introduction of technologically advanced cryotherapy devices by key players operating in the space are anticipated to significantly support market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in June 2020, Beaver Visitec International (BVI), a U.S.-based ophthalmic devices manufacturer, launched its new CryoTreq, a handheld cryo-surgery device in the European market. This newly launched device is approved for the treatment of retinal tears and detachments. Similarly, in April 2019, Channel Medsystems, Inc., received the FDA approval for its Cerene Cryotherapy Device intended for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding. This newly approved device delivers cold therapy to freeze the lining of the uterus to significantly diminish future menstrual bleeding.
Furthermore, the high prevalence of various chronic conditions such as cancer, arthritis, pain, among others, and increasing awareness about the usage of cold therapy for their treatment has further fueled the market growth. As per the Globocan estimates, in 2020, around 19,292,789 new cases of cancer were diagnosed, globally. Also, as per the CDC estimates, in 2020, around 63.0 million adults were suffering from arthritis in the U.S. This number is expected to reach around 78.0 million by 2045.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cryotherapy market on the basis of therapy type, device type, application, end-use, and region:
- Cryotherapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Icepack Therapy
- Chamber Therapy
- Cryotherapy Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Cryo Probes
- Tissue Contact Probes
- Tissue Spray Probes
- Gas Cylinders
- Localized Cryotherapy Devices
- Cryochambers & Cryosaunas
- Cryotherapy Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Surgical Applications
- Other Surgical Applications
- Pain management
- Cryotherapy End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Cryotherapy Centers
- Spas & Fitness Centers
- Cryotherapy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Cryotherapy Market
- Brymill Cryogenic Systems
- Metrum Cryoflex Sp. z oo, Sp.
- CryoConcepts LP
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Cortex Technology
- Mectronic Medicale S.r.l.
- ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
- Special Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Market–The global ankylosing spondylitis market size was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% from 2020 to 2027.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics Market–The global rheumatoid arthritis therapeutics market size was valued at USD 20.3 billion in 2016. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of arthritis, growing acceptance of biopharmaceuticals, and the presence of well-defined regulatory guidelines in developed economies are among the key trends expected to trigger market growth.
- Liquid Nitrogen Market–The global liquid nitrogen market size was estimated at 7.87 million tons in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period. Globally, increasing demand for LN2 in industrial gas and electronic products market is projected to be a key factor driving the market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter